A Water Operator Partnership to tackle sanitation issues, scarce water availability and flooding
In the province of Banten adequate sanitation services are limited, which is one of the main causes of water resource pollution. The administrative context is a complication for achieving substantial improvement of drinking water infrastructure, sewerage and sanitation services. In 2013, four Mayors in the province of Banten committed themselves to cooperate with World Waternet.
Implementation of an integrated water resources management, upgrading of wastewater infrastructure and instalment of drainage will ultimately benefit the local community, including protection against flooding.
- Flood protection and instalment of drainage
- Setup of project organisation
- Coaching and capacity development related to sanitation planning in Banten
- Advising on secure water availability
- Advising on secure management of water resources
- Significant reduction of non-revenue water
- Improved water treatment processes
- Training on operational management; standard operation procedures implemented
- Introducing break-even charges
- Increased awareness of local government on water issues
- Better flood protection
Hoogheemraadschap van Delftland will be leading the continuation of the project from 2019.